Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cover me

We have no window coverings on our master bedroom windows. Chad just realized this today...after living in our house for over 1 month. I found this amusing.

It was especially noticeable tonight because of the soccer game, and the bright lights that we could see through the trees. We back up to a natural wooded/marshy area, so the lack of window coverings hasn't been a big deal so far. At the very least we'd like to keep the light out from the workout center on the other side of the trees.

I'm thinking blackout curtains. But I don't particularly want to spend money on curtains before we know what we are [eventually] going to do with the bedroom. I just like to have a plan.

The first plan of attack for the room is that we'll eventually buy a king bed. The only question is when. And whenever this happens, a king bed is going to mean new bedding; eventually new furniture; and maybe the current beige walls will get a fresh coat of paint. Until then, I'm not too keen on a premature curtain search. In response to this, my wonderful husband encouraged me to "look" for bedding.

Here are some of my ideas for bedding:

We live in the south and like quilts. No thick comforters or heavy duvets for us. And there are just not as many options out there for quilts. So at the moment, I'm really digging the second option (blue quilt) with the white/gray sheet sets.  

And potential bedroom furniture:
Pottery Barn – Hudson Bed

Bassett – Aspen Grove Arched Panel Bed
Bassett – Chatham Panel Bed
The third bed also comes in black.

As for the curtains, I was given the idea to put sheets up in the interim. That may be what we'll have to do, since it will be a little while before we can conquer the bedroom!

2 comments: