Monday, October 25, 2010

The King

We did it. We went out last weekend to look at king-size mattresses, something Chad has wanted to do for a very long time. We would have done this long ago if we had the room, but decided to wait until we had a house. So we went to look, and what happened?

Of course, we found something we both loved, and we purchased it. It's a Simmons BeautyRest. It will be delivered on Saturday, and we can't wait!

Uh oh. We don't have any king bedding. No king sheets! Nothing!!

For now, all we really need are some plain sheets. The queen quilt will do for a while. I don't want to rush on finding bedding.

The bedding will set the tone for the rest of the room. Right now, it is a blank canvas. A big, beige box (with a big beige master bathroom attached). So I suppose the bedding will also set the tone for the bathroom.

Here is our bedroom (with the seller's furniture):
COMING SOON

I posted recently about some bedding ideas. While I love the solid blue Tuck-Stitch quilt from West Elm, there has to be some movement and pattern. And they just so happen to have it pictured on the website along with the Winter Pine bedding set, and I love it.
Chad is a very outdoorsy kind of guy, and most of our home will be decorated with a subtle nature theme (the leaf plates in the dining room, the bird statues in the living room, etc.). And this bedding fits the bill. However, I don't want a duvet. So I'm looking at the solid quilt with some Winter Pine shams.

I still like the idea of the white and gray sheets with black furniture. And we can paint the walls, but we're still stuck with beige carpet (which we're not willing to change).

Part of me wonders if I'm so drawn to this bedding because of the red wall in the photo? I love how it looks together – but I just don't think we can handle red in our bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment