Thursday, October 28, 2010

More on the master

In anticipation of our new mattress coming (2 more days!!), I have been thinking more about the potential of our master bedroom.

Before, with the seller's furniture:

After playing around with some ideas, here is my current vision for what the bedroom might become:

A breakdown of the items:
West Elm quilt

West Elm sham

West Elm euro sham

West Elm striped sheet set

West Elm throw pillow

West Elm throw pillow

Bassett Chatham poster bed (black)
Bassett Chatham dresser (black)

Bassett Chatham night stands (black)

Crate & Barrel sconces

West Elm owls

Pottery Barn mercury glass candleholders

Urban Outfitters tree
Pottery Barn casual cotton drapes (same as our dining room)
One of my favorite ideas to add more to this room is inspired by Centsational Girl. On the back wall (behind the bed), I would love to do this paint treatment similar to hers.
I'm looking forward to hearing Chad's thoughts, and figuring out when we will be able to accomplish all this. At least I feel like we have a direction! For now, all I need is a free Saturday to drive the 2.5 hours to West Elm and check out the bedding!

2 comments:

  1. This is the kind of look I want for my master bedroom as well. Great ideas! :-)

    -Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks like it will come together to make a really relaxing and romantic room!

    ReplyDelete